Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Car Wars!
There are some people who don't have car issues. My boss, for one. He has car troubles, he takes it to the fleet dealer. He gets it fixed.

Then there are the rest of us. We buy a car, often used because we don't want to take that big drop in investment the moment it drives off the lot, and then the fun begins.

My fun this week has been the rear view mirror. Sunday it was dangling from the electrical cords. The glue must have just given out. At first I thought I could crazy glue it back on, but the directions for crazy glue specifically say "do not use on rear view mirrors". Hmm. So I buy a kit. Well, I'm slightly technically challenged. I got the thing remounted, but . . . I missed the part about removing the original adhesive. Oops. Of course, that meant that this afternoon I left work to a dangling rearview mirror again.

A police car was just going by our parking lot as I entered my car. Boy, it seemed he waited a long time at the corner before moving on. Once he passed out of view, I headed carefully over to Meijers, staying in the right hand lane the whole way. I really, really, really missed my mirror! I got a new kit, and followed the directions explicitly this time, so I'm hoping it will stay glued for at least a week or so. However, I did buy a back-up kit so I don't have to make another mirror-less run.

And how are you doing?